What's On My Face #4: Matte Eyes



Yet another neutral look from me, surprise surprise. I'm really not into lots of colour anywhere other than my lips, so this look is natural and just enhances what you've got. When you want to look polished and not over the top, a good staple matte eye is the way to go and it is so easy to create with the Urban Decay Naked Basics (which I'm in love with!). This look is quite to throw on when I'm in a hurry and there are a few reasons why!

In terms of base, there isn't anything very new here except for the fact that I've been skipping liquid foundation on chill days and going for some NARS Creamy Concealer on areas where I need it and blending it out with my Real Techniques Contour Brush. It's a light base that covers any redness without making my face feel too clogged up with makeup. To even out my skin and give me a little bit of extra coverage, I applied the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus all over with a fluffy powder brush. As always, I can't put down my Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy so a good sweeping of that was a must! Before heading off to tackle the eyeshadow portion of the look, a girls gotta get dem eyebrows in check and y'all know how I feel about the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette - love!

Yes for matte eyeshadows! I'm loving the naturally defined eye look recently and the Naked Basics palette is quickly becoming a go to for no fuss eyeshadow. I took Foxy under my brow bone and Venus in my tear duct. Then with a shader brush I took Naked 2 all over the lid. I usually use this as a crease colour but I wanted to have a slightly more smoked out look. Since the Naked Basics doesn't offer a warm transition colour for the crease, I went into my Coastal Scents 28 Neutral palette, which I honestly always forget I have, and took a mix of the 4th and 5th shadows in the 2nd row through the crease to add some warmth and definition to the eye. I wanted a little bit more drama so with the shade Faint from the Naked Basics palette, I deepened the outer corner. That's eyeshadow done. A quick swipe of the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner and some L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara and the eyes are done! 

Finishing off the look, I wanted a lip colour that was slightly sophisticated looking and a neutral shade that would just add to the naturally enhanced look I was going for - MAC Modesty was the way to go. This lipstick was one I bought on a whim but I really love it and think it's a shade everyone should own. That's it, simple and easy. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.