Lip Product Addict Tag

Have I mentioned that I have a love of lip products on my blog enough yet? Because if I haven't, today would be the perfect day to do so! The lip product addict tag started on YouTube by some of my faves, Amelia Liana and EssieButton, and it pretty much sums up my life in a series of questions. I may still do a video about this but these were just too good not to share now. So, without further adieu, here are my picks!

1. Favourite treatment/balm?
This category goes to The Body Shop's Aloe Lip Treatment, hands down! Coincidentally, it was something I discovered through EssieButton and it is a serious life saver if you have really chapped lips. A bit of this overnight, and whatever your lips were dealing with will be a thing of the past. It's quite a thick balm so it's amazing to put on a good layer of this before going to bed! 

2. Best eye-catching red?
I thought about this and out of all of my red lipsticks, the CoverGirl LipPerfection Lipstick in 305 Hot is the one shade that I consistently get asked about. There's just something about it that is perfect for summer and bright enough to really make your face look super alive. absolutely love this colour!

3. Best luxury & best drugstore?
I'm gonna answer this as brand focused rather than a specific product! For luxury, YSL is just the most luxe and gorgeous stuff lip product wise out there. I may only have one in my possession (the Rouge Volupte Shine in 15), but just taking it out of my purse to reapply makes you feel all posh and fabulous haha! Definitely hoping to add another one to my stash soon. Drugstore pick is definitely Revlon. They always come out with the best formulas and shades, and there is seriously something for everyone. My favourite things by them are the lip butters and the matte balms, so good!

4. Best MAC lipstick?
This is a no brainer. As soon as I read the question I knew it had to be MAC Peach Blossom! It's the shade that goes with everything and glides on like a dream. Perfectly neutral but with enough peachy pink to brighten up your face. I'm almost certain that once I finish it up, which seems like it'll be soon, this will be my most repurchased lipstick... like ever. 

5. The most disappointing?
Most disappointing would have to go to the NYX MegaShine gloss in Nude Peach. This is really strange because I love the shade Beige (which is in fact as pink... #awkward) but I think the shimmer in this particular shade is the problem. I love basically every lip product I own but this one I will need wear because it goes on gloomy and downright horrible on the lips. While the MegaShine range isn't bad a whole, I think the shimmer shades are not ones to go!

6. Liner - yes or no?
Currently a no. I only have one lip liner in my makeup collection and I think I've only grabbed for it once or twice. The vision in my mind of lip liner reminds me of those girls with the crazy overdrawn lips... so not a good look. Maybe finding a good invisible lip liner would work best for a newbie like me! 

7. Best gloss?
Not gonna come as a surprise I'm sure. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors. Perfect. Smooth. Feels like a balm. Best. Lipgloss. EVER. Nuff said. (and if you want more said, here's my review!)

8. Something extra!
I thought about what I'd include in this and the one thing that came to mind was sharing my favourite bolder lip choice for the summer! Orange lips are a huge trend and MAC Morange is the way to go. Super pigmented and creamy so your lips won't dry out but the lasting power on this one is seriously great. It's definitely one of those lipsticks to pull out when you wanna feel a little daring and fun! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.