Faith Friday: Outside The Bubble

(Background image via College Prepster)

Our life is a series of choices and of paths we can take. There's what "everyone" else does and then there's what we choose; the norm and the not-so-norm. Growing up, I always remember myself feeling completely out of the loop. I observed who I could be, but ultimately I knew God had a place for me and most times that wouldn't be a place everyone else was already. Our lives are unique to us!

Every day you have 86, 400 seconds to live through. Each second will require you to make a choice, big or small. Will you go here or there, talk to a new person or not, choose Jesus or forget Him for the moment. All of these choices, although seemingly insignificant at times, have an impact on how things will end up. This is why it's so important to be connected to what God has in store. While you can't even begin to imagine the amazing things He has planned, being in constant connection through prayer helps you focus on what things to say "yes" and "no" to, and these decisions will get you one step closer!

So you have all of these choices to make but what will be the deciding factor between one choice and another? I had a lot of opportunities to lose who I was at my core in order to fit in with the larger crowd, but I learned that their opinion of me was never going to be the deciding factor because I didn't define myself by their standards. I had been told, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2). I really urge you to not settle for what the world thinks you should be! They tell you to be prettier, skinnier, more power hungry, while God tells you to be more loving, faithful and kind. Yes, you will be different, but in a world filled with people who enjoy putting people down, I don't see anything wrong with more having people who are loving! You'll make the difference by being a light where there isn't any, and speaking of a hope that conquers all fears and worries. 

It won't be easy being "outside the bubble", especially when being inside the bubble is what makes you popular or liked. Jesus didn't come to this world to be super popular, we all know how the story went! But it's worth it! Taking the road less travelled and doing things that are out of the norm really do make all the difference. Being considered cool isn't the end all and be all, but being confident about what God says you are is! When I look back now, the times where I decided to not conform to the worlds' expectations of me made me into the person I am now and I'm thankful for that. It may have been hard then, but it was certainly worth it!

What are you going to do with the endless choices you've been given? Will you go on the road less travelled or follow the crowd?

"But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it"
 Matthew 7:14


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! To often we follow in the crowd and completely loose our indentity. We were made differently to be different. There is so much more life outside the bubble than inside it :)
    -Diana C

    ReplyDelete

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.