Topshop Beauty: Across The Pond


Happy Wednesday and happy spring to you all! Truthfully, it took a lot for me to believe that today was the first day of spring because Canada still looks like a skating rink and it is way too cold for any flowers to survive. But hey, at least we don't have to say it's winter anymore!

A few months back, I was strolling around the mall and decided to pop into Topshop to see what they offered. I'd seen so much about them on British based blogs and YouTube channels so the curiosity was stirring but I didn't know they had this line available in Canada. Of course, my first stop was the beauty section. So many bloggers had mentioned their products so I thought I'd try two things and see what all of the fuss was about! I picked up their Cream Blush in Flush and Lipstick in Ohh La La. The first thing that I thought was that both of these were reasonably priced at around $12 and $10 respectively I believe ( I can't find my receipt but I think this was the approximate price point). 

For a beauty offering which comes from a store that is focused on their clothing, I think the selection was fairly good with a range of bases, blushes and bronzers, eye products and some gorgeous lipstick shades! I can't vouch for their other products but I was pleased with the two products I did take home! The cream blush is reasonably pigmented and has a cream to powder formula which is great if you suffer from oily skin. The lipstick I have seems like the perfect summer shade and it will be amazing with a bit of tan in the warmer months. Texture wise I've definitely tried better formulas but it's nothing to condemn it for. Aside from the formulation, I think the colour payoff is fantastic for a more affordable selection and they have some incredible bright shades that would be the perfect statement! Overall, the lipsticks I saw looked great and maybe in other stores you can find a wider range of offerings, like their Lip Bullet pencils which seem like a great on-the-go product and maybe even a bit of a dupe for the NARS lip pencils. 

The packaging is really adorable on all of their products and they also have some new releases this season, like the Glow Stick highlighters which would be great for a fresh, dewy look. I've only dipped my toes into Topshop Beauty but it was a good enough first impression to keep me on the lookout. If you don't have a Topshop store near you, perhaps take advantage of their worldwide free shipping going on today only and maybe take a look at their clothing because they've got some really nice things stocked at the moment.

Have you tried any Topshop beauty items? Share your favourites!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.