Faith Friday: I'm Just Not Good Enough

Lily & Val Bible Verse Print




Happy Saturday y'all! I know, it's not Friday but yesterday was hectic beyond belief. I'm basically the only one in my family not sick at the moment so I am a temporary nurse to four people and a puppy. But here I am, offering up another weekly dose of Faith Fridays! I wanted to share a very simple principle that helps me on days when I don't feel like I'm enough. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiences days where absolutely nothing you do or say seems to be good enough. This spans across diverse situations and personal relationship but you may have gotten a bad grade on a paper, you mom may have gotten mad at you for something, and you friend was ignoring you all day. It's not uncommon for this to happen in a single day if you're really having an off day, but the problem is that in the end you think "why wasn't anything I did good enough for my professor, mom, or friend?" It makes you feel unwanted and like it's no use to do anything further because, in any case, it won't be enough. But I have really, really good news for you. 

On your best day, and on your very worst day, God loves you just the same! Don't let your head be filled with lies from the enemy that tell you that someones reaction to you on Earth has anything to do with how God sees you. That bad grade you got should push you to do better next time and prove that professor wrong (don't blame it on you not being good enough if you didn't put in your best effort... you have more to give!). Your mom loves you greatly but she must follow in God's teachings to instruct you - you have more to give! Your friend might be mad today but it is easily fixed by confronting the situation with a kind disposition - you can always be a better friend, you have more to give! Remember that as much as God gives you certainty that you are enough for Him, you need to prove that in that way you live your life. It's not a one ended agreement! 

When you feel like nobody wants you or that you aren't good enough be reminded that the King of Kings chose to die for you, in the most brutal way, because He thought so much of you that he decided that you were worth it! If that doesn't put a smile on your face, then boy oh boy I don't know what will. Here are some verses for day's when you feel less than good enough:


"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ"
Philippians 1:6

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us..... and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus"
Ephesians 2:4,6

"But he said to me. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me"
2 Corinthians 12:9

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them"
Ephesians 2:10


Feel encouraged in the fact that you were chosen and your sins were paid for through the highest price. Don't let those lies fill your mind! You are worthy because your identity lies in who made you. What other people say about you temporarily has no effect on how God sees you eternally - His very words created your existence. Have a great weekend!

post signature

2 comments:

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.