Dehydrated Skin Helpers




For the past weeks I've been trying to revamp my skincare routine in hopes of getting my skin back into shape. Like I mentioned before, I have combination skin and in the winter I found that the texture of my skin wasn't as smooth and it could  feel a bit tight. After a bit of research I came to the conclusion that I was suffering from dehydrated skin. Fact: even oily skin can be dehydrated! A lot of it comes down to the harsh products that companies market towards oily, acne prone skin. After I switched to gentler products and ones that weren't necessarily for my skin type, I felt an instant relief from the tight, dry feeling I had when I'd cleansed. So while I didn't have dry skin per se, I was dehydrated because my skin wasn't able to retain the moisture supplied from whatever creams I was using (Think of dry skin as a skin type and dehydrated skin as a temporary condition!)

I looked at different blogs and reviews of several different products that would combat dehydration and I found two that have worked well to provide moisture to my skin deep down and helping it lock in that moisture. The first little guy is Indeed Labs Hydraluron. I'd heard so much about this serum and when I saw it at my local Shopper's Drug Mart I knew I had to give it a try. For reference, this 30 ml tube retails for $25 at Shopper's but you can buy it online at a lot of retailers. Hyaluronic acid is an ingredient that is found in a lot of serums that claims bring back moisture the skin. The science behind it basically says that hyaluronic acid holds up to 1,000 times its own weight in water! The idea is that this serum contains a pure form of this acid so it's no frills and delivers moisture much more rapidly. You're meant to use Hydraluron as the step before you apply your moisturizing products (like oils or creams) because it will help them sink into the skin and lock in the moisture they provide. I have to say that I love using this in my routine. I noticed a pretty immediate difference in my skin after using it 2 or 3 times. My skin was plumper and it felt a lot more comfortable. You only need a pea sized amount (side note: how weird is this frame of reference!) and just press it into the skin. It's clear and can be used day and night. This will definitely be something I run to when my skin needs some extra moisture.

I'm still using both the moisturizers I mentioned in this post but I've added in an oil for days when I don't wear makeup and need a moisture treatment. I got a sample of the Josie Maran Argan Oil Light a few weeks ago and I fell in love! It's always great to add in some more natural products into your routine just so you can minimize on the chemicals that are put into products! Not only did it provide incredible moisture, it also left my sin plumper, not greasy and it helped clear out some of my acne! This argan oil is just too good. I didn't want to commit to the full size bottle so I opted for the mini bottle at Sephora which retails for $18 and that lasts for 3-4 months or so. My favourite thing about it was how light it felt (hence the name) because a lot of oils I've tried in the past were extremely heavy. This means that you can use the light version of Josie's oil during the day when you might have makeup on since it won't affect your skins texture at all. 

Using both Hydraluron and Argan Oil have reduced my symptoms of dehydration and my skin is able to retain moisture a lot better than when I'd just slap on some moisturizer after cleansing! If you're suffering from dehydrated skin I would definitely look into the products. Maybe even start out with getting a sample of the argan oil! Let me know how these work for you if you decide to give them a try. 

I hope you are having a great day today! Take some time out to sit and just listen or see God around you. You'd be surprised at how much He shows Himself through creation! 

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” Psalm 19:1-4

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.