Beautiful Blooms

(background image source)

It's no surprise that I'm starting to get tired of the cold. In all honesty, winter is only good while Christmas season is upon us but after the excitement of the New Year subsides, it's all downhill from there. I love moderate weather, so Fall and Spring and two of my favourite seasons. It's so beautiful to see nature transition through those few months! My secret to being happy when I'm cold and snow is falling is having beautiful, fresh blooms at my desk. I might be in a million layers trying to stay warm but glancing up and seeing flowers while I study/blog makes my day! As you can tell by my blog name, I love peonies. For a long time I really had no preference to any particular flower, probably because the only ones I knew by name were roses, sunflowers and tulips. I remember looking through Pinterest boards (as one normally does everyday) and seeing peonies and thinking "THAT's my favourite!" I love pink so pink peonies have a special place in my heart. Sadly, I don't have access to peonies year round like some people seem to have but I love having roses and hydrangeas around when I can find pretty ones.

hydrangeas at my desk

source
I don't know what it is specifically about flowers that makes people happy but I just enjoy having a little piece of God's creation with me at all times. I remember always thinking I had to wait for someone to buy me flowers but I realized that they're just as special if I take the time out to treat myself! It's funny because I'll be extremely busy and not notice many things around me since I'm so stressed, but as soon as I see my flowers it makes me stop. They're so fragile, yet so incredibly beautiful in their own fragility. I encourage you to buy yourself some flowers - whichever ones they may be. Scroll through Pinterest if you have to.... I'm sure you'll find a flower that speaks to you! It's just a small thing you can do to bring some life back into the cold winter and get excited for Spring to finally hit!

Reminder of the day: bloom where you are planted! Be who God made you to be in the place where He has planted you! Don't wait to bloom someplace better. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.