The Five Product Face


Lately I've been having those mornings where my alarm doesn't off or I'm exhausted from studying too late, so I can't be bothered with colourful eye looks or complicated makeup before heading to class. Solution? Coming up with a foolproof, simple routine that makes you look fresh and awake without taking up all of your time. I'm well aware that there are 6 products in the picture which defeats the purpose of the "five product face" but I'll explain in just a sec.

After cleansing and moisturizing, my next step is applying a tinted moisturizer. Surprise, surprise - it's Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in Nude! This is perfect product in the morning to give my skin a nice base and is easy to apply which makes the beautifying process much easier on me when I'm barely even alive yet. I follow up with my favourite concealer of the moment - NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under the eyes and over any blemishes. This stuff is magical, nuff said. The wand applicator is perfect for quick application and the formula blends in seamlessly. This product is great for those who want radiance but like the added benefit of having a more matte complexion. That's it for the base! Now let's add some life back into the face. When I don't know what blush to wear I will almost instantly reach for MAC's blush in Melba. I think this shade would look flattering on a wide range of skin tones and the matte finish lends to the ability of this blush to make your face look more defined. For eyes I usually keep my look streamlined and simple with a coat (or two) of black mascara. I've been trying out the Benefit They're Real! mascara since I got it in the Sephora birthday gift this year and I really like it. It defines the lashes and prevents them from getting clumpy which I cannot stand! I'll probably be buying a full size of this in the near future. Alright, here's the twist. If you have a few seconds to spare, spice up your look with a cream eyeshadow pot! Easy application with maximum impact. My favourite for fall has to be the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. I take this on the finger and smudge it onto my eyelid and extend the colour into my crease to add some depth. It's amazing how applying it this way gives the effect of an eye look that may have taken you more than the 20 seconds it actually did. Perfect for that smudgy, just rolled outta bed, but still look fabulous look. Last but certainly not least, a swipe of a glossy hue on the lips is all you need to finish off this effortless look. Another shocker here, I tend to gravitate towards my Clarins Natural Lip Perfector in Candy Shimmer because it has a bit more colour and pairs well with the blush.

That's it folks. An easy look to get you through that door looking fresh and radiant! Depending on the season you can always switch out the products to cater to your needs. Lately, if I want a look with a bit more impact, I've switched out the blush for some bronzer and rotated in a deep burgundy shade on the lips (Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 107). Knowing that you have a go-to look that only takes 5 products is always great to have up your sleeve for when you're in a rush or want to avoid wearing too much makeup.

Hope you're having a great weekend! xo

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try that NARS concealer! I've heard it's amazing & I'm on the hunt for a new concealer :)

    Meggie
    meggiejuly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hunted it down for like a month before I got my hands on it but it's sooo good! Definitely going to repurchase it because it's on its last leg right now!

      Delete

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.