Don't Ever Change?

I'm gonna hit you with a bit of flashback right now but does anyone remember when you'd get your yearbook and when your friends would ask to sign it they would include the infamous "Don't ever change" clause at the end?

When I would read it before it seemed like such a compliment. Someone was saying that I was so great it was better to stay the way I was. WRONG! With each passing year I realize how immature I was the previous year and how much I have to continue changing with God's help. The truth is, change is inevitable and necessary. Can you imagine if you took those three words, don't ever change, seriously and just stayed where you were? You would never be prepared to receive all the blessings God has planned for you because you need characteristics that take time and nurturing to cultivate in your life that allow you to reach your fullest potential in Christ!

We are constantly developing, learning, and growing in His ways and it takes time. It doesn't happen overnight and it requires you to put in a whole lot of effort, but it's worth it. Sometimes it's hard to remember that all the work you put into developing a relationship with Christ will be worth it, no matter the hardships we go through to get there. I like the analogy of a butterfly. Caterpillars aren't very pretty (I don't like bugs...) but if it weren't for the strenuous process they go through, they would never turn into beautiful butterflies (again, I try to stay away but they really are pretty). Going through metamorphosis might not look very attractive during the process, but the outcome outweighs all the rest.

Just read through Galatians 5: 22-23. If you have a hard time wondering what you should strive to obtain during your journey through life, it should be centered on these things. You should look to be the embodiment of love, joy and peace and be able to transmit that to others, no exclusions. Seek to have forbearance, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Even if you aren't strong in faith, these things are applicable to every single one of us and I'm sure that if we all aimed to be all of these things, this world would be a much happier place. 

Don't be content in the same place where you find yourself. Look for ways to change and improve and BE the change! It all starts with you because you just can't expect someone else to do it for you! Here's a little something that I made to remind me of things I want to be more of, you can save the picture on your phone and have it with you so that you can remind yourself of it too! 


Last little tidbit -- I'm thinking of scheduling my faith posts on a specific day so you know when to expect a little bit of Jesus in your life brought to you by yours truly. So, I've decided to do them on Fridays :) Help me decide what to call these posts in the comments below, maybe Faith Fridays? Stay happy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Content. © Glorious Peonies | A Lifestyle And Beauty Blog . Blog Template All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.